Fall at YogaFish!
- On Monday, November 7, our evening vinyasa class will be held at 5:30 rather than 6 to accommodate the showing of EMBRACE, the movie (tickets are now sold out).
- Thanksgiving (Thursday, November 24) – Join Laura for her annual 9 AM yin/restorative class. This is a quiet time to relax your body and restore your spirit. Whether you celebrate with family or not at all, we are happy to be your holiday haven. Reserve online now.
- Tuesday 11:15 AM Yin and Thursday 11 AM Hatha Hour are back! You can book online now.
- Connected Warriors with Maggie Turmel is ongoing, Mondays from 3-4. This is not a YogaFish class for the public but is offered through Connected Warriors only for active service members, vets and their families. Please visit the Connected Warriors website for more information. If you know someone who may be interested, please help us spread the word.
you! Join Kim for this special 90 minute session of just your favorite pose- Savasana! We’ll use supportive props to create a restorative, relaxing pose that’s right for you. Then it’s time to drop into a deep meditative state as the healing vibrations of Crystal Bowls and a specially tuned Harp wash over and through your body, mind and soul. You’ll leave refreshed, relaxed, and rejuvenated. Tuition: $20. No experience required. Click here for more information or to reserve your space online.
Asana Clinic: Surya Namaskar with Laura. Saturday, November 12, 1-3:30 PM.
- Learn the foundation of each posture so that you always have your feet in the “right place”
- Learn how to modify poses for your body as you gain strength and flexibility
- Learn how to transition gracefully (but safely!)
- Identify patterns in your practice that can lead to common injuries
Saturday, November 26. Yoga Nidra with Laura, 12:30-2 PM. Yoga Nidra (“Yogic Sleep”) is a way to experience profound calmness, stillness and clarity. It is one of the deepest of all meditations, leading awareness through many levels of mental process to a state of supreme stillness and insight. Yoga Nidra often leads to deep relaxation, assisting the body in dropping out of “fight or flight” and back into “rest and digest” state for a calmer mind and a more efficient immune system.
From Waah! to Aha! Breaking Your Birth Script Habits with Robin Jillson. Saturday, December 10, 1-4 pm. Birth is our first experience of aliveness, and our first experience of change. What happened during our own individual labor and birth have a lifelong effect on us. We all were incredibly conscious and aware during birth and we formed strong opinions about ourselves and the world around us as we made our entry into life. Learn how to unravel your birth script, how it shaped your earliest thoughts, and how it continues to affect you today. Knowing that many traits and quirks that you attribute to your character are just habits can give you a fresh attitude, and this workshop will give you the perspective and tools to improve your relationship with yourself and your world. Robin Jillson has studied personal growth topics for over 25 years. As a Rebirther trained by some of the very first Rebirthing teachers, she has guided hundreds of clients and students onto paths of peace and freedom through the unravelling of birth scripts. Tuition: $30 before Dec 3, $35 after. Click here for more information or to reserve your space online.
Dear friends: Please keep in mind that our space is limited. Reserving via MindBody’s online scheduling system is the best way to ensure your spot in class. We also ask that when visiting our studio, you park in the middle of the lot (not in front of a building) or in one of the two spots directly in front of our space. This keeps our neighbors happy, which is very important to us. Thanks for your help!